View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2023, 8:09 pm   #21
dglcomp
Heptode

Default Re: Rewireable 13Amp Plug Without Brass Earth Pin

My gran probably had a couple of electricians in the 90's/00's to add a couple of sockets for her and of course the person who originally did her garage sockets, none of them ever were compliant and it's only through the work I have done that it's now safer.
Part of that is down to the house being wired as a ring upstairs and spurs from there to each socket downstairs, therefore no socket in the living or dining room can have another one attached to it but they were. Now it's not like it was something that could be easily missed as each socket only had one wire going in to it!

Now I am not a professional electrician, nor have I passed any tests/got any certification to do the work but I made it safe and to me that's more important than leaving it alone.

I have also seen items with the same type of plug as the OP and I would assume it is fine as in reality the chance of the average reusing the plug is close to 0 and most people who would reuse it would know it was for unearthed appliances only.