View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2019, 11:09 am   #3
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Re: VCM163 Osc Board. T1?

Hi!

If Ed's unable to do it or he's a bit expensive for you, one of these might do the job for you if you connect the secondary windings in series to give a 2:1 ratio:-

I don't have a VCM163 as the stratospheric prices being asked for these have put 'em beyond my reach even if I saved up for ten years!

https://uk.farnell.com/vigortronix/v...4309?st=VTX111

You might be able to cut a sheet of SRBP or blank FR4 PCB material with two mounting holes drilled to fix it to your VCM163 chassis with nuts, bolts and spacers, then drill 6 x 1mm holes in it for the transformer to drop into, with the wiring from your VCM163 soldered to the transformer pins on the bottom side of the mounting plate!

Chris Williams

PS!

I presume you're referring to the Oscillator Transformer T1 on the Power Unit/Oscillator Panel and NOT the dust-core tuned T1 on the Amplifier Panel?

PPS!

I've just looked at the Component Layout Drawing and it's only a simple ferrite pot-core job - before you get hold of Ed, it might be worth taking it apart to see if you can get at the primary ends - it might only be a spot of corrosion at the pin-ends you might be able to repair!

Last edited by Chris55000; 20th Jun 2019 at 11:31 am.