View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2019, 4:01 pm   #10
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: Just some pics of my new (vintage) mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesterLester View Post
Regarding receiving of texts -- the plan is that when a text comes in, the text will be internally converted to morse code, and then played out through the bells. It's only a 30min job to implement that -- but my wife won't let me do that until I finish the kitchen fume extractor.
If she's allowing it at all, I wonder whether she appreciates the implication of receiving bursts of long and short rings of the bells.

Quote:
The GPO 332 dial has only three letters (P,R,S) on the "7" since the Q (and the O) is on the "0". So no extra functionality is needed for S.
That seems appropriate to use the letter assignments as per the old dials. The absence of "Z" shouldn't be too much of a hardship, even if it may occasionally require a little "creative spelling".

Quote:
Inter word spaces are indicated by "1" (since the 1 key has no letters on it), and a double space "11" indicates end-of-message. I can't send punctuation.
Sounds good.

As previously mentioned, it has possibilities for sales - at least within the vintage community - if it can be produced at not too exhorbitant a cost.