View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2014, 5:55 pm   #128
Rhgbristol
Triode

Default Re: Garrard record player deck identification.

This is a great thread - which i stumbled on when googling Garrard yesterday - so good in fact it prompted me to become a member today.

As well as a Garrard SP25 mark V, I also have a lot of info on what I believe to be the last decks that Garrard produced in the period 1980 to about 1983. I own the 'entry level' GT255AP model bought new for me by my father in summer 1981, and the top of the range in that series the DDQ650 - which I bought second hand a few years ago.

I have the original sales brochure for this range, as well as the original generic instruction booklet covering the range. From memory, there were six or eight decks in the range, with a variety of different drive types and motors, and two types of tone arm. Both the arms were straight, with detachable headshell.

My lowly GT255AP was a belt drive deck, with synchronous AC motor. The range topper DDQ650 was direct drive, with quartz locked control.

The lower decks in the range were supplied with Ortofon VMS20 type cartridges, whilst the upper models had Shure M75 range of cartridge.

Will have to work out how to post photos here!
Also, am I allowed to scan the original brochures and instructions and post them?