View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2013, 6:58 pm   #121
davidrucklidge
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Garrard record player deck identification.

Hi , many thanks for this info ; i had not realised there were so many different versions of the unit -i thought they all looked the same ,the only difference being "semi auto " "fully auto" or "manual". Irrespective of the units' specifications ,they still look to be decent units. I suppose i was partly right with the attached cables ;this unit is the only one from the company that i ever have had.
It is still useful to be able to play vinyl if you need to ; not taking into account acoustics or quality , comparing the differences between cd's and vinyl in 1986 the most apparent differences were ( 1) not needing to turn the record over when a piece lasted continuously for more than 40 mins , say
(2)If there was counting-in of the track,or other voices for a brief moment initially , at the start -on the cd this would not appear on that track on the cd-it appeared at the end of the previous track on the cd . So you had to play the previous track first, to hear how vinyl would play the track you wanted in the first place !