View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2020, 11:01 pm   #1
sentinel040
Hexode

Location: Near Lichfield, Staffordshire, UK, most of the time and Crystal Palace, S London, some of the time..
Default Kenwood TK-359 VCO adjustment.

I hope these ex-PMR radios are old enough to come within the forum limits.

I have a couple of these, one I have had on 70cms for the best part of a decade and more recently another fell into my lap. The latest victim to enter the collection of tantalising tat has recently surfaced to the top of the pile file and it seems to work OK on the original frequencies, I say OK, the VCO locks up and it heard the sig gen on the bench.

However, there is always one of those it seems, when I reprogramme this more recent addition the VCO is out of lock. The two radios are the same variant, and whilst not strictly covering 70, the first one does so without any apparent bother, although it was on 70 when I first obtained it. I have spent some time trawling around the murkier corners of the internet trying to unearth a manual and full set-up procedures, but with a frustrating lack of success. I have found some limited information on the TK-250, which frustratingly gives some VCO tuning voltages and refers to Pin 3 of connector CN501, but does not give any indication where that is actually situated. That is also assuming that the information for the TK-250 is applicable to the TK-359. Perhaps I should have stuck to Pye Cambridges after all.

Consequently I come cap in hand to the great repository of knowledge to see if anyone can help, OK I admit I am creeping, but when needs must the devil drives!

Regards and best wishes,

Ian G8KSZ.