View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2009, 6:05 pm   #7
YT2095UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Pentode amp experiment.

I`m really glad you said that! I`d completely forgotten about Tetrodes (senior moment??), what you`ve said makes a lot of sense and indeed rings true with my findings.
as someone that learns best and finds most interest employing Empirical methodology I occasionally come up with "stuff" of interest (if only to myself) and am equally without explaination as to Why it exhibits X,Y or Z phenomenon, I Knew signing up to this place would pay dividends

I tried adding a Tuned front end and this worked equally well with the added advantage that when I moved to Earth plane wire on the RF meter towards the Antenna IN, the audio Shot up in volume and I was listening to Radio 4 LW as if it were a regular radio, the same when fed this into a triode (a CV455) and then amplified externaly.

it would seem that I accidentaly stumbled upon a crude Regen radio, talk about reinventing the Wheel
only difference of course is that this is a Single valve that will output to Speaker and do all the radio stuff at the same time.

Thanks for the inspiration Paul and Moose for the Answers I sought, this thread can be closed now.