View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2018, 1:00 am   #12
murphymad
Heptode

Default Re: Special Auction 11th Feb '18

Mike,

I am afraid an auction catalogue 12 months in advance is just not possible! (tongue in cheek)

I have to fit the activities of lotting up the items with the weather, storage space, van availability and when we can get out to pick the stuff up which usually means trying not to store it for any longer than we need to.
This all gets fitted in with trying to earn a living.
I may look old enough to be drawing a retirement pension, probably due to my years of BVWS activities, but I have a lot of years to go until then so have to work, albeit from home.

How long ahead of an event would you need ?

To all reading this post:
It should be borne in mind that the BVWS is not a commercial organisation and all money raised goes into the membership pot.
Also unlike other organisations that charge a fee for an Auction catalogue the BVWS is FREE and the catalogue is made public as are the auction results and I can see that there would be a clear reason to expect that a paid service should be delivered in a certain timescale but this is volunteer work.

I usually aim to get the catalogue and pictures available about a week ahead but the weather has been awful and cold and I do all photography outside so this is a bad time of year for it.

However I think your family should always come first. You can always send me a commission bid for anything you really want .

All the best,

Mike...