View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2018, 10:59 pm   #3
KeithsTV
Nonode

Default Re: BVWS NW Golborne swap meet 11th Nov

Since 2012 I have been giving a talk on various topics in the side room at Golborne which have been well received. Last year at the November meet I had intended to give a talk entitled “An Introduction to Semiconductors part 1” on diodes. However due to various family commitments, primarily my daughter buying a house and asking her dad to help out with decorating etc, I was unable to give the talk and gave an alternative talk instead and gave the intended talk at the April meet promising to give part 2 on Transistors and ICs at the November 2018 meet.

This year my son bought a house and made the same request so I have been spending time decorating and helping sort out not only his house but clearing up and completely refurbishing his old room in our house. As a result I haven’t been able to finish the talk on Transistors and ICs scheduled for November but will present it at the April meeting.

Partly because of the time it takes and other commitments, I have to announce that the April talk will be the last one or at least the last one for some time. I am not ruling out doing any talks in the future but it does depend on me finding time to prepare one as they do take considerable time to prepare, deciding the topic, which is often the most difficult task, researching the subject, then writing and rewriting the handout, designing, building and testing the demos, then taking photos and inserting them into the handout plus running through it several times to ensure it runs smoothly. I used to do a lot of the writing and editing at work during my lunch hour but since I finished work there are a lot more things needing doing at home in addition to other commitments, leaving less time for preparing the talk. Who said retirement was an easy life!

I’ll still be coming to the swapmeet on 11th November so if you have any questions or any suggestions for possible future talks please come and find me. I’ll be wearing my avatar badge.

Keith