View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2023, 7:05 am   #8
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Default Re: Tandy , Radio-Shack catalogues and history

I have quite a few UK Tandy catalogues on the bookshelf going back to around 1977. Probably not a complete set though. Maybe a few duplicates if anyone is going to be scanning them.

I have quite a bit of Tandy stuff around. Like SiriusHardware I have one of their logic probes. The case got somewhat melted when it fell against the spring of the Antex soldering iron stand I was using 40 years ago. But it still works. I only stopped using it because I bought a LogicDart. I also have the companion Micronta logic pulser. And I bought one of their DMMs second-hand some years back. It's autoranging but still uses the well-known 7106 chip with a lot of 4000-series CMOS logic for the autoranging. Fortuntely there's a circuit diagram in the user manual. I am pretty sure I still have a Radio Shack 'tube tester'. American, so 115V mains only, it's a simple emissions tester.

Some other bits around, at least one pocket radio, personal cassette player, personal CD player, etc.

And of course I have my TRS-80 collection -- Model 1 (my first 'real' computer), Model 3, Model 4, Color Computer 2, Color Computer 3. Model 100, and some of their pocket computers (rebadged Sharp and Casio).