View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2018, 11:43 pm   #1
Neil Purling
Nonode

Default More Chinese AM radio kits

Has anyone bought a kit KX-168.? It has six transistors & runs off a single 'D' cell.
I did & I am sure that the supplied circuit diagram has some major mistakes. I haven't managed to get any sound further than a feint hiss. Injecting 455Khz by means of a coil of wire rested over the set's own tuning coils didn't yield a peep. I am sure that the Osc and IF components are given the wrong colour id for where they are in the circuit. That is based on the assumption that red means oscillator and the other two in order ought to be White and Black
This KX 168 diagram had them as Black,Red & White which agreed with an image of an a assembled board on the listing.
I am sure that there is something odd about the depiction of the AF stage too.
I bought several on the assumption I therefore had bits to spare & I have had zero joy, even when I used the Red, White Black sequence instead.
I checked the values of the resistors as I assembled the radio for any that were out of tolerance, but could not do the same for the capacitors.
The above kit uses three 9018's as osc & IF, a 9014 as driver & a pair of 8050's as o/p pair. If it did work I wonder just how loud it would ever be with just 1.5V.
This KX 168 is one that you do not see on ebay or Aliexpress. They came via an intermediary from China internal market.

When looking at peoples assembly of the HX-6B kit I see a minor variation inside the case where the pair of AA cell are to the right of the speaker & are not above & below it.It just means that one way the cells are free to rock about and make the radio stop playing.
[Unless you pad the back of the case with toilet paper.]