View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:29 pm   #1
Richard_FM
Nonode

Default Binatone Monovison 01/9909

My latest addition to my collection was from someone who was clearing out his Dad's house & selling off the things he didn't need but had some value.

When I picked it up I was given a quick test of the usual screen of snow but it wasn't until I got home that I could give it the usual shakedown.

I connnected it to my modulator & powered up, after tuning to the right channel I could get some decent sound but not much of a picture, but I could tell from the patterns that the horizontal hold was out of alignment.

After a minute or so of turning I got something approaching a meaningful picture, & a quarter of a turn gave me a fairly clear image.

I adjusted the brightness & contrast to improve things, & a quick check with tbe Transdiffusion Start Ups Volume 2 DVD helped with getting the settings even better.

Considering this would have been a bottom end set when new electronically it's working well, with no obvious problems apart from the pots needing a little cleaning.

Cosmetically it needs some work, with marks on the top of the case, which has yellowed slightly. Two of the knobs have lost their centre discs, the power / volume should have a red one. Some of the raised lettering needs some white paint, & it's Solid State badge has been lost.

I would have guessed it was from late 1970s by the style, but one of the sites with service data says it's from 1983.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2101.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	182405   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2104.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	182406   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2105.jpg
Views:	165