View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2018, 6:02 pm   #36
Lucien Nunes
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Miller Organs from Norwich

Hi Peter and welcome. Thanks for posting about this, and for thinking about the possible interest someone might have in the original analogue electronics. While a digital built into the console of a vintage analogue will be in a different league musically, for those few of us who are interested in the history of electronic tone generation there are very few instruments left with their original innards intact to study and preserve.

It's interesting that another Miller should surface in Melbourne given the general lack of instruments surviving in the UK. Perhaps there was a dealer with good selling power located there. Tim (user 'trobbins') is there too, so he might be interested. I would certainly be interested to see some detailed pics for comparison with mine and some date codes from parts that could be correlated with the manufacture date and serial number. If we can get a total of a dozen instruments on file, we might learn something about the production volume and developmental steps. I'll give Tom Kroll a heads-up too, I don't think he reads this forum and he might have some questions about it.

I wonder whether the S/S amplification is original?