Thread: End of an era.
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2018, 5:52 pm   #101
usradcoll1
Heptode

Default Re: End of an era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave walsh View Post
I've mentioned elsewhere that the two brothers who ran a TV repair business on Bridge Street Ramsbottom finally closed down in October after 35 years. They showed me an original small window from when it had been a Post Office and also the fireplace opening that housed the Boiler in a previous incarnation as a Tripe Shop! It's now morphing into a trendy eatery!

Bretski-Ramsbottom [Ramsden in the bottom of the valley] had a Rediffusion Shop and cable TV from the 50's to overcome the lack of signal penetration from Winter Hill at Bolton. So did Bexhill, I was surprised to find when I began to visit in 1998 and found a Redifussion street plate . It was distributed from Hastings.

"Progress is all very well but not when it chops up your dreams!" Leon Rosselson

Dave W
When I read this posting a while back, I thought to myself " A Tripe Shop!"
Is that the nasty looking stuff I'm thinking about. When I saw it in the butcher's meat case, it sure doesn't appeal to me! It looks like foam rubber.
The Mexican people make a Stew out of it, called Menudo. It looks like it's heavily laced with spices and tomatoes with those little white chunks floating in it.