View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2019, 11:28 am   #6
Michael Kay
Triode

Default Re: Akai 4000DB - Output level query

Thanks guys for the replies.

I have decided not to attempt to change the levels inside my Akai. I've considered 3 options following your advice which you may be able to pass comment on please.

1) would the output from the DIN connecter on the Akai be any lower than the RCA phono I am using?

2) Although in the Sound settings on my Mac, it says 'The selected device has no input controls' in reference to the Behringer A/D converter, is there any mileage in looking to alter the Audio MIDI settings using the Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Set up options (they are greyed out at the moment though)?

3) would buying an in-line attenuator, like the Rothwell RCA In-Line Attenuators Pair [-10dB] (For Source), solve the problem? These are listed on Amazon and eBay. There is also a Harrison Labs 6dB RCA Line Level Attenuator Pair available from America which I assume does the same thing with perhaps a better (reduced) level of line input reduction? 10dB might be too much??

For the record, my Behringer is set to line output not phono. Also would there be anything in trying to take the output from the Akai via the headphone out socket with an adapter (the level is not adjustable as it has no volume control)?

Thanks again for your help.