View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2023, 12:58 pm   #21
hergest74
Tetrode

Default Re: Rotel RA-930AX - right channel down

ok, I have found the culprit (I think) The fuse that sits in front of the R channel speaker inputs has blown on closer inspection. The number of the fuse is T4L 250v and a funny symbol after that I don't recognise. I tested the R speaker channel of the remote side and the same problem so it's a channel issue, not a speaker terminal fault.

I would post an image of the fuse's location but no way of doing so here. What seemed to trigger the channel going was trying to test one of my Soundcraft Absolute 2 monitor speakers from my studio before I sell it as the Samson servo 170 amp that drives them has broken inputs (literally plastic falling to pieces) When I tried to connect the Spirit to the cable attached to the Rotel I did notice a little spark from the wire. But then again, it can't be the Spirit that caused it as why would it still work perfectly well in the L channel ?

Could this be the problem ? If so, does anyone know if these fuses are still available ? I notice a couple of others have not blown but show signs of a small molten blob of metal along the still unbroken wire.

The fuse in question is the right hand one with the red arrow in this image I found online. https://www.avforums.com/proxy.php?i...0254242310e53f

Last edited by hergest74; 26th Jan 2023 at 1:11 pm.