Thread: Time travel
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2023, 9:47 pm   #35
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Default Re: Time travel

If space and size was no object, I would bring the entire 1936 Alexandra Palace television set up back home with both the Marconi-EMI system and more importantly the entire Baird studio set up with spotlight studio film cameras etc.. This includes both the sound and vision transmitters and original mast set up. Also plenty of spare EMITRON tubes ECT. plus Battersea power station to run it!!

If size was an issue, I would like to take home the old street light outside my grandparents house in yate!! It was a steel column type that had approximately 5 degree lean on it when the bin men reversed into it. It had a Thorn Gamma 5 post top lantern with a clear bowl which looked to me as a kid as a flying saucer with an 80W MBF lamp in it. The internal rubber seal to the top canopy had fallen inside and was like that for many years. I remember the flickering as it struck and slowly warmed up. I was fascinated with it. Now replaced with a new (currently still vertical!!) post and a boring LED light.

Christopher Capener