View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2023, 3:22 pm   #68
slidertogrid
Octode

Default Re: BVWS Winter Bulletin

I thoroughly enjoy the articles in the Bulletin. I appreciate the time writers have spent compiling the articles and am ashamed to say that so far I haven't contributed myself.
One slight frustration is that under chassis pictures before and after are sometimes not the same way around which makes it slightly more difficult to compare them to see what has been done and how much alteration if any has taken place.

I can't say I have noticed repetition to the point of boredom. I like to see the pictures of the replaced parts. - "Bugs removed" or "dud parts Bhaji".
On the subject of repetition it does occur on this forum. The same question in answered over and over again, sometimes it occurs a few posts later and you could argue the repeat poster has not read the previous posts but on some occasions it occurs again and again all the repeats after each other and yet with enough time elapsed for the posts not to have crossed.
The key here is to read the relevant posts and disregard the repeats. If I did find an article in the Bulletin boring I would simply skip to the next one...

I have particularly enjoyed the Television restoration articles. I think that is evidence that the BVWS members are moving with the times, its not all crystal sets and horn speakers.

I wouldn't want to feel under any obligation to write an article a certain way in case it was seen as not worth reading, boring or amateurish. The main reason I have not done so yet is that I have concerns my article would not come up to the standard required. I wonder how many other members feel the same?