View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2023, 5:10 pm   #63
stevehertz
Dekatron

Default Re: BVWS Winter Bulletin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalee20 View Post
In fairness, I also read your first comment that you were knocking the Bulletin, or the style of some of the articles - but I think you've clarified your position now.

Regarding repetition - yes, there's a tendency after reading the first three DAC90a restorations - yeah, yeah, not again... till appreciating it's now 10 years since the first! And seeing yet another DAC90a article* - or thread on here - although it may be the 9th I've seen myself, for somebody recently joining, it could be their first. The 'standard' faults are always new to somebody. If they're not, then the BVWS has failed in attracting new members.

* Doing homework before posting this, according to a Bulletin online search there are only four DAC90a articles since 1989 (lots of threads on here, of course). Though the 4+1 superhet circuit appears in so many guises, it's bound to come up a lot, a newbie won't have long to wait before a variant comes up, which he/she can gain knowledge from, to read-across!
At no time have I ever mentioned repetition of articles?! I have spoken about there being a certain kind of repetition within restoration articles. I don't see a problem in there being more than one article covering the restoration of a certain radio so long as (obviously) they're a certain distance apart timewise and that they're not clones. Especially if it's a popular radio, as indeed the DAC90 is.