Thread: Pye VT4.
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2022, 12:03 am   #15
radiograham
Hexode

Default Re: Pye VT4.

Hi thank's for the suggestions,i haven't disconnected the scan coils or the screened lead which is the one between the chassis and the def coils tagstrip i think,i will do that later on.also mentioned is to disconnect the width coil to check it,if this was faulty would that be enough to stop the output stage?also as regards the linearity coil this is one winding which goes between boost diode cathode and top of pri and a tapping to secondary of transformer,it is the first part between boost diode cathode and the tap which is o/c,hope this make's sense?i have checked the lopt windings resistances which are all ok though i know this doesn't check for shorted turn's.i checked the neg voltage at line output valve grid this is only 15 volts should be a lot more about 45 if the lopt is faulty would it drag this down? voltage's on line osc are ok and valve is 100% also tried another.the main ht was a bit low at 180 volt so put a 1n4007 across the py82s which increased it to 210.i must admit to being a bit stumped now and thinking it must be the lopt,i would check with another if i had one but sadly i haven't,it would have to be a rewind which would need thinking about whether it was worth it. Graham.