View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 10:02 pm   #6
1100 man
Octode

Default Re: BVWS Harpenden Sun 23rd Sept

Well, I certainly had an enjoyable day! The B&B was buzzing and I'm sure I saw smoke coming out of Jeremy & Brian's ears! They were rushing about like men possessed, dealing with all the stuff & customers! I believe they did rather well into the bargain.

Met up with Davidh1041 who brought me a Murphy V410 TV which he had been keeping for me: rather exciting as this was the first TV I repaired when I was 12! Also it was transported in a proper '80's car- an Austin Maestro- very nice to see one in everyday use!

Usually, the auctions are sadly lacking in TV's but not this time. There were dozens of them!! Being a cheapskate, I came away with a beaten up Marconiphone 1400 chassis TV. I should have bid more for the better HMV one!
As usual, the auction was expertly run by Mike, who rattled through the lots like a machine gun! The helpers were struggling to keep up with him at times! Some lots were disposed of in under 15 seconds!
The payment & collection process at the end was also very well operated and I must commend all involved with it.

Having been following the other thread on the BVWS, I realise this is what I gain from being a member: access to a unique event and like minded people.
So my thanks go to everyone involved in the organisation.

No one has posted so far because we are all too busy playing with our new toys!

All the best
Nick