View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2018, 7:31 pm   #43
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Default Re: Changing the BVWS

I'm more than happy to help with a newbie day, and subject to work and family commitments, there would be no issue with me doing other stuff if needed.

My example of Harpenden and the NVCF was just to illustrate that, despite their being great events for those of us that are already members, what is there at these events to entice the younger generation through the door?

Im not saying that we should become a group of hooded youfs, or anything like that, but if we all take a serious step back, and look at these two flagship events, the format hasn't really changed in my memory, in fact, from memory, there used to be a seperate hall at Harpenden that used to hold a talk or exhibition?

DOnt get me wrong, I am not knocking anything that is already being done - just think that there needs to be a focus on the future of the society as a whole - it would be very interesting to see what the trend is age wise within the society - I would think it is steadily increasing

Current and previous committee members are to be applauded for their service and dedication, the committee of the present day and future are the ones that have the hardest task.