View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2021, 12:20 pm   #7
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Yet another MK14 tape interface (ESP32).

Coolsnaz2, as a very infrequent poster you are still subject to 'new user' moderation so your posts don't appear straight away but when they do appear they appear in chronological order, so when Tim and I posted #5 and #4 respectively your post #3 wasn't yet visible. This can be confusing but it will wear off once you've posted a few more times.

Like Tim, I would be interested to see what's installed on the end of the MK14, is it a homebrew copy of the tape interface - also what is the little joiner or converter in the cable between the microcontroller module / tape emulator and the MK14?

I like the customisation of the external keypad - clearly the numeric keys have the original key legends but the others have been carefully re-legended and then given a coat of clear varnish which has yellowed over time.

I also notice that the MK14 does not have its original huge 4.43Mhz crystal fitted, the smaller grey one fitted looks like the 4.00MHz one provided with the VDU kit so, do you also have the VDU card as well?

Edit: I posted this before your post #6 appeared - thanks for the info.

Last edited by SiriusHardware; 27th Nov 2021 at 12:48 pm.