View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2020, 5:10 pm   #43
factory
Octode

Default Re: Fluke 3092 200Mhz power problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcGivern View Post
Factory, added 2x60w lamp holders now have 180w lamp limiter.
Checked batteries voltage was 3.12v.
What could have caused 10uF 50v cap to short, is the voltage rating enough.
Schottky diodes v1279/80 there are two values to pick from 30mA and 130mA rating service manual doesn't say.
Where is the battery in this scope? I can't see it in any pictures on the web, have you got voltage at the other end of the two Schottky diodes?
Could having the DMM set to ohms when connected to the 10uF capacitor be confused by voltage (if it was there)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcGivern View Post
Took power supply out of case today. Started again. Tested all 32 pins to gnd only +58v appears shorted I will attempt to trace this line and check components, finding this difficult to follow schematic especially where a node ends and then continues on another page even the pin connections are hard to follow the eevblog was spot on, not for diy. I just don't want to damage anything else these boards look very fragile.
Yes I would be careful with any soldering on these boards, especially if they have traces on both sides, maybe some boards have internal traces too, plus those glued down SM parts.
Probably worth practising on a scrap board from something worthless first, if you haven't worked on anything like this before.

Re: the +/-58V rails, you've noted a short (100ohms ish) here before around R1291 which I thought was the resistor & transformer winding being measured.
If the output of the +58V appears shorted you should check the diodes & capacitors in the area. If your DMM has a diode mode, use that to check across the diodes both ways (not to ground for the ones not connected to ground).
Click image for larger version

Name:	PM3082 PSU schematic +-58V rail.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	223364

David

Last edited by factory; 28th Dec 2020 at 5:19 pm.