View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2020, 3:07 pm   #1
G8vsjDave
Pentode

Default CCTV Video Multiplexers

Hi folks, I hope I've arrived at the right forum for this post, I am just looking for advice at this stage but apologies to the Mods if I have it wrong.
Way back in the nineties, I worked for a company who built Video Multiplexers for the CCTV industry. Designed and built by a UK company called ‘The Vision Research Company’ these would take 8 or 16 video feeds from security cameras, and multiplex them into a single video output that could be recorded on to a video recorder. On playing back the recorded multiplexed video, any one of the cameras could be selected by means of a code inserted in the frame blanking area that identified the camera. I still have two of these units, one is thirty years old and the other is about 25 years old and up to about four years ago has been part of my house security system. These units are too good to just throw away, does anyone know of a museum or collector who might have an interest in these items? They are both built in 19 inch, 1U metal cases. I’m not trying to sell them, but I would like them to be preserved as they are part of CCTV history.
I wouldn’t mind betting some of you got involved with servicing some of the time-lapse video recorders that were used with these multiplexers.

Dave

Last edited by G8vsjDave; 5th Aug 2020 at 3:08 pm. Reason: Forgot to sign at the bottom