View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2017, 4:05 pm   #17
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Default Re: Repeat guaranteed!!

I'm pleased it's not just me that dislikes these Groundhog Day radio stations! We used to have either 6 music (ugh...) or Absolute on at my old job, Absolute used to irritate me after a few days, as the playlist seemed to be the same as the day before, and the adverts would drive me up the wall! I quite like a bit of rock and metal and eventually discovered an internet and DAB station called TeamRock radio, which had a really good varied mix of stuff, and most importantly NO ADVERTS! Well, just the occasional plug for their magazine. Unfortunately they then pulled the plug on their DAB broadcast and went internet only, and then a bit later they ditched all their DJ's and went for a pre-recorded type thing, that's when I stopped listening.

To be honest I don't really like listening to the radio any more! Which is a bit odd since I have so many fully restored sets and don't use them. I end up putting it on and after a few minutes turning it off again due to the irritating adverts. I'll have to build myself a pantry TX, and make up my own playlist!

Regards,
Lloyd