View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2017, 8:02 pm   #31
Martin Bush
Octode

Default Re: A poor old HMV at the Recycling Centre...

I wonder whether a recognised organisation could make a difference here?

Perhaps the BVWS, as representative of many who share our hobby, could write to all waste disposal authorities and/or waste companies. Effectively what we want is to rescue pieces of broadcasting history from oblivion rather than get free stuff to trade on, but it's hard to prove that when you are just some bloke who turned up to tip some soil and wood and happens to take an interest in a specific item sat in a container.

If specific items are found perhaps a call could be made to BVWS and a local member be allowed to take away the item for assessment and recycling back into the vintage wireless/ TV community.

Of course we would still only be reaching a fraction of what's binned or otherwise ruined and never makes it to the tip, but it may be worthwhile.

As a non BVWS member at present I mention them only as the kind of organisation that could have some influence - there may be others. And while I'm pretty shaky at fixing radios I do have other skills and would be willing to assist.

I apologize for any typos or lack of sense in the above text. I'm typing this through a rather spectacular flashing light style migraine!