View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2017, 11:30 pm   #4
vishalk
Pentode

Default Re: Leak Stereo 20 and TL12 Plus in need of recommissioning - Help&Guidance Needed.

My worry is one of the TL12 plus amps had all the valves blown (see pictures where the tops of the valves are all white) pretty obvious something went wrong! I am hoping the transformers and output trannies have not been damaged because of this. A lovely member on here frankmcvey told me Ed Dinning can help with this if it's a problem (how would I test for this though)

Just like the ST20 I plan to get these singing again, although on these amps I will completely refurbish them. I will even go as far as redoing the chassis and having them repainted.

I am open to suggestions on ways to improve these amps, in terms of components, adding chokes (heard you can do this to the ST20 aswell) etc.

The TL12 plus are really for me to learn on and try things, the ST20 I really want to go original.

So please send me links, ideas, things you have all done, components that you recommend and anything else that will get me going!

I am really excited to get this going and see where it goes ( hopefully not electrocuted)