View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2013, 10:18 am   #27
audion_1908
Hexode

Default Re: My Bush tv43 restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by freya2871 View Post
Have you powered up the set yet, you need to establish if the tube has any life in it really before the time effort and money?
Whilst we hear of sucess stories most of the time on the forum, there are a fair percentage of sets that are beyond immediate repair/restoration either because of the tube being flat or a transformer failure or similar. First light is exactly that, getting light on the screen to prove it.
It's quite a fun process waking them up, measuring, smelling, watching,____standing back
I dont wish to sound negative though, you're doing a great job so far.

Steve
I know I should test the CRT first but the wiring was all rotten and shorted and if any of the grid coupling capacitors where leaky thay they would have damaged the valves, I now have a valve tester but it also needs work, when I have it working I will test all the valves and hook the CRT up to it.
Sso far I have lost count of the fails that I have fixed that could have damaged the tv TV, and a few months a go I had a sprise surprise when a filter in my 1980 commputer a commodoreCommodore 8032 exploded and filled my flat with bitter evil smoke