View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2011, 10:03 pm   #47
Retired
Heptode

Default Re: Restorers dream part 2 the chassis.

Hi,

Thanks Joe; we are not alone in losing the plot; I can't even put it down to age being only 64.

I totally agree David that it is good to get on with the neighbours I wish someone (Scottish Express?) would tell mine. Some of my neighbours ignore me but are very friendly when they need help.

You are so right Ed; thanks for the welcome back and yes it is already getting cooler in the workshop but as yet the fan heater can get on top of it but not for much longer I fear.

I've made quite a bit more progress this afternoon by fitting all the coils onto the CRT and I realized it didn't have a mains cable fitted so cut a new length and fitted a plug fused at 3A. The on/off switch appeared to be in good condition with a healthy click as it was operated but when I checked for connection with the meter it was O/C on all four tags? I tried and tried but couldn't obtain a reading so removed the switch and found a contact had blown through overload. I took a picture and even made progress with my camera as I found the super macro setting; the switch doesn't bother me too much and will be the next job to sort out then perhaps I can hook up the Variac. I am a bit concerned why the switch blew though so will be watching for signs of stress when power is applied. All in all a good day with plenty more to follow.

Kind regards, Col.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blown contact..jpg
Views:	243
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	55997