View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2021, 10:26 am   #17
Junk Box Nick
Octode

Default Re: Aldi tools today.

I have bought numerous Aldi tools including the pillar/press drill to which Refugee refers. It’s amazing what you depart with having gone in for a pint of milk.

When a youngster and in my early days in this hobby and drilling holes with a Stanley hand drill – a Black & Decker power drill was half a week’s wages – a press drill was a thing of dreams only to be found in a professional work shop.

I picked up the wire crimper kit – worth a punt at that money – and it is far better quality than than my existing ‘hobby’ one bought from an auto store some years ago.

Whilst not the quality required by the professional, these Aldi tools are fine for hobby use and have been jolly useful for jobs around the home. For occasional jobs where in the past it would have been a case of calling in a pro who had the tools or spending hours with hand tools and resultant arm ache, they are perfect. It’s nice to have them to hand and when a job crops up think “I can soon do that with the xxxxxxx”. They wouldn’t stand up to professional environment but they’ll have enough life for my needs and already most owe me nothing.

Having said that, I have had a li-ion Aldi Workzone hand drill for a few years and have ended up using it very frequently in work situations. It is still going strong.