View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2011, 9:10 pm   #178
Retired
Heptode

Default Re: Restorers dream part 2 the chassis.

Hi,

Thanks Sean; I need to learn all the terms but I'm getting there.

Thank you Dave; I've played with every knob I can find but it remains the same; I can adjust to obtain one picture but this deletes the test card and just gives a lot of rubbish.I'm interested to learn of the frame timebase perhaps running at 25 instead of 50? Is this Hertz; 50 cycles per second? Would this also have to to with rectification such as half and full wave rectification if so then would a faulty diode throw the time base out; I'm thinking in terms such as the single diode used to bridge the faulty PY32 valve? Sorry if this is a truly dumb question but there is all-sorts whizzing around in my head as I try to understand what is going on. It's highly likely the questions will get dumber as a little learning is a dangerous thing.

That's kind of you Steve thanks for the comments. I've noticed plenty of small Hunt's caps so will end up working through them and I'll see how I go whether to blanket replace a section at a time or replace the lot as I'm confident of not losing the connections using my miniature coil winder. I really do need to find my way around the circuit diagram and then I can work on one section at a time to see what if any difference there is.

I also need to test the audio and believe the Aurora injects an audio signal? There is so much to try to learn at once but it's fun.

Every day progress is made and I feel quite relaxed as the hardest part could well be behind me; I've probably dropped myself in it now by saying that.

Kind regards, Col.