Thread: Pye v4
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2010, 7:57 pm   #13
oldticktock
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Pye v4

Hi Richard,

A picture tonight hopefully I will pickup the replacement from FERNSEH's shop tomorrow (looking forward to seeing that) who knows maybe a picture tomorrow

I did wonder about the tube after removing the scan coils and seeing the extent and position of the break. Maybe I will glue and have a display piece or maybe fill it with earth and grow some exotic plant would make a talking piece. At 500 Euros if it could be repaired, I cannot envisage a TV that would warrant such expense on just one component then again what do I know.

Attached are two photos of the scan coil outer assembly.

The end of the assembly rotates in and out, on the side are two curved tags which can be rotated and finally there is a thumbscrew device which seems to rotate the coils and can be locked. Is this all to do with picture centering?

Just had a look at the valves, they look original the PL81 is a Marconi and is odd shaped, I've only seen the Mullard PL81 before

Similar valve line up to the bush's except 3 ECC82's (no ECC83 in here) the addition of ECL80's, a whole raft of EF80's and the tiny litte EY51 20 valves in total.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1759.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	35151   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1760.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	35152  

Last edited by oldticktock; 29th Apr 2010 at 8:18 pm.