Thread: Baird Garrick
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2018, 11:07 am   #12
beery
Heptode

Default Re: Baird Garrick

Hi all,
Thanks for your encouragement.

The speaker cone, yes some of it was found in the mouse nest. I'm not going to try to glue it back together

I had the PSU on the bench last night and sketched out the circuit. It is indeed a UU8 that is required. I hope that's not too expensive.

I had a quick look at the sound receiver, indeed it seems to use 6F12 pentodes and maybe a 6D2 detector. I will trace out the circuit later. Interestingly the sound receiver is powered from the PSU in the radio, so I will probably start with the sound first.

The timebase section is all 4V, so I guess it would be a PEN46 used for each timebase output. I assume the line generator is a T41??
Anyway, a low current 6.3V feed goes to the timebase chassis to provide a 6.3V CRT heater option. This set has a Mullard MW31-14 or MW31-7 (the label is damaged). I think one of the photos of other sets shows this too. I intend to fit an MW31-74, but I need a cavity anode to top cap adaptor. I will place a wanted add for parts required.

About the chassis generally, it looks like an aluminium version of a Baird pre-war chassis. Indeed I think the pre-war Baird TRF unit would fit directly in place of the vision receiver.

More to follow this weekend as I start to draw up the circuits.

Cheers
Andy