View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2008, 10:27 pm   #10
Electrical
Hexode

Default Re: Mullard valve tester E7600/3

Hi Humphrey. Have you made any other cards to do some other comparison tests? If not put 563 card in the tester and try the test, with the selector switch in position 2 and 4, without the valve fitted to the tester, if the tester is OK the spot should remain around the ‘A’ dotted line. If you get the same, results there may be a fault on the selector switch or in the –200V supply used for the test. First using a digital voltmeter 10M, impedance measure the voltages at the respective pins of the valve base. On my tester, I measured -68V at the anode, screen and grid with the appropriate button pressed this caused the spot on the CRT to drop from the ‘A’ line to about 5mm above the ‘B’ line.
In this test mode the anode, screen and grid are, connected to the test pushbuttons via the selector switch SW E position 2 to earth. When a push button is pressed the electrode is connected to the testers –200V supply via a 10M resistor which forms part of a potential divider to the indicator, the only difference in position 4 is the anode is connected to HT+ and the screen is connected to screen positive supply.
If you do not get the same results, the first check is the –200V supply and if this is OK, the next step is the check the, 10M and 6M8 resistors and then check the continuity to the selector switch and push buttons. If these checks are OK, try insulation checks around the switches.
I hope this helps.
Regards Stan.