View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2019, 12:44 pm   #12
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: International Marconi Day at Oxford Science Museum

Thanks for that update and access info chaps. There's a couple of things related to South Coast Marconi activity that I keep meaning to look into. There's a content list on line but I think a personal visit might be in order-maybe accompanied by a pint in the Bear! I didn't know that the "Bod" had a new Exhibition space of it's own at the Weston so that will be a trip into the City the next time I'm in Bicester hovering between North and South and not close to the famous Tourist Shopping "Experience"-it's that all right! I recall that initial joint exhibition/opening ceremony you mention Paul and tried to get there but [as often] the dates didn't work.

My mother and Father-in-Law contributed a great deal to Oxford [despite being from Derbyshire originally]. He's now deceased but was a Director of Social Services and she retired from the NHS [going out with a motorbike ride] at the age of 82! I tell people that it was her [really] that started things up in 1948. People of principle in Public Service-imagine that! I'm sure she would be able to find me an ex-student nominator-probaly a distinguished one.

Dave

Last edited by dave walsh; 24th Apr 2019 at 1:01 pm.