View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2011, 11:29 am   #12
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Jiskra Sonoretta midget valve radio

The mains transformer, and modern 2-core mains flex & plug were fitted by the present owner, a radio enthusiast of many years standing. The original transformer was faulty when he acquired the radio.

What I have done is replace a number of faulty Rs & Cs under the chassis, the radio being intermittent due to these faults. The A.F. stages are now working, but there is no R.F.(I think I may have rewired one of the connections to the IFT wrongly. This is easily corrected, but I will also recheck other wiring.

As to the make, I don't have the radio in front of me, but I'm certain it's 'Jiskra.' A check onhttp://www.radiohistoria.skreveals several Jiskra radios, though not this one. AFAIK there is no mention of 'Iskra.'

As to the rectifier connections, the radio appears to have been wired from new for an EZ90 or 91 with the anodes paralleled. Incidentally the hand drawn circuit diagram shows the mains connected directly to the anodes without a transformer, and with the mains switch in the earth side of the wiring. (NB I can't scan in any diagrams at the moment, as the PSU for the scanner(which is a sealed plastic 'wall wart' packed up, and I don't have a suitable replacement handy).

Last edited by 'LIVEWIRE?'; 30th Oct 2011 at 11:34 am. Reason: To add extra information