View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2018, 12:23 am   #17
1100 man
Octode

Default Re: Dismantling LOPT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatercathodeshort View Post
Good luck with your transformers. Happy Days at D&B Television, 131 Kingston Road, South Wimbledon S.W.19. [I was still at school! John.
Hi John,
To have been involved with a local repair shop whilst still at school would have been a dream come true for me. However, being a lad in the early '80's had its compensations. There was an endless stream of old stuff to be had for free:- 405, dual standard and early colour TV, open reel VTR, early VHS & beta machines along with Philips 1700, Grundig SVR and Hitachi video disk players. Radiogrames, record players, tape recorders and all manner of other obsolete bits of equipment! I dragged it all back up to my bedroom much to my mothers dismay
I would have loved to have been in the trade in the '60s,70's & 80's, but I only got the scrag end of it in the '90's!! Still, I thoroughly enjoyed it until widescreen came out: that was the end of it for me. Short, fat people on Tv's that I couldn't lift- no thank you!
Thank you for your interesting glimpses of the trade from those earlier times- its always fascinating to read.
All the best
Nick