View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2018, 8:37 pm   #9
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Vintage Tape Machines and Attitudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave walsh View Post
BBC4 [not the usual CH4/5 etc started a three parter about Ruth Ellis tonight. My wife is the expert on this deep subject but a number of vintage tape recorder items make an appearance, especially half way through. Overall it illustrates the importance of social history along with the technical side. One reviewer was irritated by the film insert technique but some of these [although a bit earlier than 50's] are quite illustrative of prevailing attitudes and a 1957 BBC film re child protection is a very good match.
A bit off topic but hopefully the Mods will allow this once...

...I watched the first episode last night, I too have an interest in the Ruth Ellis story, years ago I was researching my family history and I discovered a link between a person who was a witness and my ancestors, the person was a very very distant relative but you would have to go back to the reign of James the 1st to verify it, which I originally did, the person concerned has not been mentioned yet in the BBC 4 program, I wonder if they will be....That person was injured (not seriously) by one of the bullets fired at the victim......Wrong time to be near that pub!

Lawrence.