Thread: Having a laugh?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2018, 7:19 pm   #110
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Default Re: Having a laugh?

This is a forum that is run by, supported by and enjoyed by enthusiasts. Some have hardly anything they might need to learn, some a large amount. Most, I imagine, are probably like me and are in between. Receiving and offering help.
I do not think it was ever intended as a place to provide a quick fix for a problem for some person with little skill present. FIXYA (or similar) seems to fulfil that need, I imagine? By being a member of this forum, receiving information is a great benefit. To offer information, is a privilege you can enjoy. To find someone has benefited from your information offered will give the greatest satisfaction, I am sure.
To ever use it as a platform to complain about other members attitude is I feel an abuse of membership. If you have a complaint, there is the Private Message system you can use.
By all means, if a member has given incorrect information within a thread, feel free to politely submit an amendment. This can sometimes be seen, even in recent threads of the last week or so, and I am sure everyone realises the benefit to all and is not annoyed or see it as a personal attack. Sometimes, just a little embarrassed maybe? Few of us are perfect!
For the occasional disgruntled "member", there must be a huge amount of satisfied members.
Enjoy what we all have on this site. Life is too short.
Rob