View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2013, 4:22 pm   #166
unabridged
Tetrode

Default Re: Another unusual plug and some other questions

I love the combination - I need to find myself a double socket with backbox of that flavour to combine with my Anglepoise (which bears the later MK Brown Bakelite plug with wider flanges at the sides), whilst still allowing me to plug a laptop or such in - but its like looking for a needle in a heaystack, only very few seem to have survived and they seemt o be just singles!

Hmm glad to see you have a spring loaded one too. I would still imagine theres less of them kicking around, I dont suppose many of them actually remained working with those moving parts.

wHilst I have your attention, do you have any idea why the rivet for the fuse holder is always naked underneath?

And thanks for explaining about the line underneath - I had seen that before but never worked it out

As much as I love the MK design, I think early 50's would be too far backwards in time for my early 70's LEak Stereo 30 Plus...I think an Ever Ready would be more appropriate

Having said that I found & confiscated (for the obvious safety problem) a modern PVC cabled IEC lead at work today with an MK Ivory plug on it having had its premoulded one removed to get it through a hole in a workbench...its amazing that some every day people must have had these stashed so long in their tool box and still use them in a non-vintage environment as an on hand tool!