View Single Post
Old 27th May 2008, 9:17 pm   #12
dagskarlsen
Heptode

Default Re: Pulse to tone converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikens65 View Post
As Rotatones developer I thought I'd jump in with a couple of comments.

Firstly the unit was developed in the UK, and works fine on anything its been tested on.

Secondly clean contacts are necessary because only 'signal level' currents pass through them after installation rather than line current... on the positive side once clean the contacts won't suffer further erosion!

The installation of a Rotatone at its simplest is just the unit on its own... however to ensure compatibility on either polarity and at all levels of line current then it is recommended that a zener diode and a bridge rectifier are also fitted. These items are supplied with the Rotatones sold in Canada and in the UK.

By the way, new feature ideas for Rotatone development are always welcome. The 'hotline' facility (that allows one of the stored numbers to be dialled when the phone goes off hook) was added at the request of a collector of dial-less phones!

Mike
This sounds great, will you be making a rototone to be fitted at the line.
(no need for putting somthing in to the phone)

I want to use it here in Norway, the system should probably be quite equal to US/Canada.

Or to GB line in, but we have no master socket. all equal.
No regulations for ringers, jus a max of 2 + 1 fixed extra ringer. 1 Khom ringer in series with 1 uF.

dsk