View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 8:27 pm   #16
Robert Darwent
Heptode

Default Re: Reproduction Ekco A22 Dials

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4XWDJim View Post
I'd be interested to hear what graphics software you use.
Hello Jim,

The A22 dials were created using Micrografx Picture Publisher 8 which dates back to around 2000 and is no longer available, Micrografx having been long swallowed up by another graphics software company.

I stick with it simply because after about 9 years of experience using it I know it 'back to front' as it were. It lacks some useful functions available on more up-to-date software such as 'layers' but as you can see from the dial artwork is still capable of good results.

I can recommend 'Zoner Draw' as a good alternative to the software I use. I believe Zoner Draw 5 is the latest version and is shareware, but Zoner Draw 3 is still available too and is freeware. (I've no connection with the creators/suppliers of Zoner Draw BTW just a satisfied user )

As for using the software to create dials, there are no short cuts here I'm afraid. Its simply a matter of a gaining experience from trial and error over a long period using your chosen graphics software.

Don't expect good results straight away, it simply won't happen that way. Its taken me several years of practice to become proficient enough to produce the dials shown in this thread.

Regards

Robert G0UHF
www.wavesintheair.co.uk