Old 17th Sep 2018, 5:41 pm   #20
stitch1
Heptode

Default Re: Changing the BVWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltblue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sortedradio View Post
Maybe we need to vote on firstly whether a name change is wanted by the membership, and secondly if there is, perhaps there could be a list of suggested names drawn up to vote on.
...My biggest concern is that in the next 20 years unless there is a large influx of new members the membership will dwindle to virtually nothing....

Cheers

Mike T
I don't think it's worth discussing a name change as this alone will not attract any new blood. And playing devils advocate .... although the web site says sharing a common interest in the preservation and communication of technical and historical data, and the preservation and restoration of Vintage radio and related equipment and Our Society relies on new membership, new Bulletin articles and new ideas to enable it to flourish and secure its future for generations to come. If you have an interest in collecting and restoring old equipment, or just looking at or listening to old radios, televisions or Hi-Fi, then why not consider becoming a BVWS member. I don't see much in the bulletins covering 'vintage' equipment from the 70's and 80's such as ghetto blasters and music centres etc that would attract those interested in equipment from this era and as can be seen from the UKVRR Facebook site there is an interest and maybe the skills to write informed articles.

Just to declare my position I am a BVWS member, I'm only interested in valve radios and I have have no interest in TVs but happy to have them included in the Wireless Society as I would be with other later 'vintage' technology rather than see it die. Hopefully the new members would then pick up an interest for the older equipment too and keep the society going when we've finally 'gone to air'.

John