View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2018, 2:47 am   #6
noble kiwi
Pentode

Default Re: 'Megger' Circuit Testing Ohmmeter (early 1960s)

Kia ora Phyl,

Great that you have acquired a meter complete with test leads.

The probe is exactly as I had anticipated it would be and why I substituted a simple jumper by way of a compromise. I also now recall that I adjusted the movement on mine as you have done. Not surprising considering the need for static acuracy.

During my discussion with you I ventured the opinion that this Meggar offered very little of advantage when compered with the functions combined within an "AVO". Further thought has changed my mind on this. In fact I now realise that way back I went to the considerable trouble of making mine functional with the prospect of using it, but somehow time elapsed and I forgot about it being on hand.

This AVO and Megger stuff is certainly collectable on the basis of the absolute "spare no cost" approach in respect of production. I have a another still useable little gem in the form of a small light meter, (not a photo exposure meter) styled exactly in the form of full size AVO. Not that rare, but a cute and cuddly miniature. LOL The small Wee Meggers have the same sort appeal and I have several.

Regards, Trevor.