View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2019, 2:55 pm   #1093
ekjdm14
Banned

Default Re: The Thanks Thread

Many thanks to my beautiful partner Emma who not only tolerates my incessant messing around with, and impulse purchasing of, old radios/music centres/electronics in general. She has also presented me with a radio for my birthday which I have never seen before & even has my name on it!

It's certainly Chinese in manufacture, and suitably cheesy inside with lifted/bridged and cut traces with extra added resistors from the factory & only covers MW/LW bands but this just makes it even further up "my street", it's so different to the norm & I can't put a date on it either, I'd imagine from the styling it's late 70's early 80's. not much to go wrong either as it's so cheaply made, total of 3 electrolytics which I replaced as it was humming loudly but the rest are all disc. Sorry for the long gushy post about what most would see as a throwaway piece of plastic, but it's one of the coolest birthday presents I've ever had & probably unique in it's survival unless anyone has info to the contrary?

Anyway better sign off before I get in trouble for OT, although the gist of this post is actually to say a massive Thank You to Emma (if she happens to look through the forum).
ekjdm14 is offline   Reply With Quote