View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2021, 3:44 pm   #47
peter_scott
Dekatron

Default Re: Seeking a Cornish Dealer from the past

Hi Mike,

My desire when opening the thread was to make contact with the man I bought the set from with the hope that he could tell me more of its history. My wife seems to recall when we collected it in 1978 that he said the set had belonged to his father who had lived in London but moved with all his belonging to Cornwall. From discussion in this thread I have been told that I bought the set from Michael Scott (and my wife was reminded of this name when I mentioned it.) The person telling me his name also told me that he had died. In the absence of any other information I would like to confirm that Michael Scott's father had lived in London before moving to Cornwall. Unfortunately I am not convinced that any of the Michael Scotts that I have found in BMD sources actually had a London based father.

It's true that the question of electricity supply in Cornwall is probably not very relevant because we don't even know if the father had lived at the house where I received the set let alone whether he intended to use it.

Peter.