View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2019, 11:12 pm   #12
TheSquirrel
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Microvitec Cub monitor model identification and repair

Thanks again for all of the very friendly and generous help. This thread is a great read and looking around at other threads, the knowledge herein is remarkable. My interest lies in 80s computers and their various monitors and there is so much to read and learn here.

I've been looking at suitable replacements for the ROE 1000uF 40V capacitor and hope that I can ask another question. Would a Panasonic 1000uF 50V +/- 20%, such as:

https://cpc.farnell.com/panasonic-el...7437?st=1000uF

be suitable, or am I on the wrong track and missing something from the specification? If I can't find a 40V capacitor, is it acceptable to go for the next higher voltage? Is there any problem with doing this? Is there a sensible limit of difference in voltage when replacing capacitors?

The parts list states:
"C224 1000uF 40V ALUM ELECT CAPACITOR - 20+50% RADIAL"

Is the " - 20+50%" a tolerance of -20% and +50%? Hence is +/- 20% the most appropriate as a replacement?

I was considering replacing all of the electrolytic capacitors on the main board. Is this wise? Is there anything else that I should be looking at replacing, in preventative paranoia, or that will improve things: assuming that the replacement of the known faulty capacitor, fusible resistor and diode leads to success?