Thread: Wurzburg Radar
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2020, 7:59 pm   #29
John KC0G
Hexode

Default Re: Wurzburg Radar

I have previously commented on some of this before, back in 2019. See ( https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ratives&page=2 )
Louis Brown, in his book "A Radar History of World War II, technical and military imperatives", pp 403-408 discusses the post WW2 post mortem on the German radar systems. He also comments upon the fact that when the Battle of Berlin was ended early in 1944, many problems had been caused by excessive radiation from radio comms., jammers, tail warning radars, IFF and H2S.

I did a search for "Imperatives" and found that this book has only been mentioned three times on this web site. It was originally published by Institute of Physics Publishing in 1999. It seems to have been republished by CRC, which is part of the Taylor and Francis group in 2017. The reviews at the CRC web site are worth reading. Having read very few other books on radar, I cannot comment as to whether this is the definitive history, but it is very good. It is annoying that this book is so expensive, ie new prices of 80 GBP for the paperback and 128 GBP for the hardback. And used copies are similarly expensive. If you can, borrow one from somebody, somewhere.

73 John