View Single Post
Old 15th May 2018, 9:10 pm   #1
purplecabbage
Retired Dormant Member

Default Help with connecting an Ultra 6014 record player to speakers

Hi all,

Forgive me for being that annoying person who hops on a forum to ask for help without contributing anything - but I have searched online for help with this (including on this website) and so far I've got nowhere. Hopefully if this question is answered, it will help not only me but others seeking help with the same issue!

I've been using an Ultra 6014 record player, and - separately - a Cambridge Audio A1 Mk3 Stereo Integrated Amplifier wired up to some speakers, a CD player and a tuner. I'd now like to connect up the record player and amp - and I hope you can help!

There are only a small number of outputs on the record player (as shown in the attached image). The amp has a range of inputs (as shown in the other attached image) and I have an audio cable that was connected to a CD player - but I can't see an easy way to connect this to the record player. I've previously plugged in a second speaker to the record player's Stereo output socket, so I assume this would be the starting point for connecting to the amp... However, I'm not sure if I need to buy a preamp plus some additional cables - or if it'd be possible (and easier and cheaper) to buy a cable with a 3.5mm Stereo plug on one end and two sockets of some sort (RCA?) on the other, to connect to the audio cable or even direct to the amp.

If anyone can help, I'd be eternally grateful!

Thanks,

Purplecabbage
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ultra record player.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	162946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Back of Cambridge Amp.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	162947